Can't record - Windows 8 - Audacity 2.0.4

Hi,
I have a brand new Samsung ATIV Book 8, with Windows 8 pre-installed. It has a Realtech sound card. It came with Skype and Sound Record pre-installed. Both of these apps recorded perfectly from the internal microphone when I brought the laptop home. Yesterday, I installed Audacity 2.0.4. Audacity would not record. After installing Audacity, Skype and Sound Recorder would no longer record. I believe I tried every possible combination of setting on the Sound Control Panel and on Audacity’s Preferences for Record. Nothing worked. I connected an external USB Logetech camera which has a microphone. Selecting the Logitech camera as my microphone, Audacity, Skype, and Sound Record all recorded perfectly. But, I want to use the internal microphone on the Samsung laptop, so I disconnected the Logetech camera. Eventually, I gave up, and uninstalled Audacity. After uninstalling Audacity, Skype and Sound Recorder again functioned properly. I have a 2nd laptop which only runs Linux, and it had Audacity, an older version, and I really like Audacity, so if it is possible, I would like to use Audacity on my Windows 8 Samsung ATIV Book 8. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ed

This may be related to a driver problem that is known about in 2.0.4. If that’s the problem then it should be fixed in 2.0.5 which is due to be released in a few days.

Actualy, it is already released. :wink:
http://audacityteam.org/

Thank you so much. I downloaded version 2.0.5 and now everything works perfectly. Very good program. I have always used it on Linux but this was my first experience with Audacity for Windows.