Can't record my voice

I record my favorite old songs on Audacity, using mp3 files of the accompaniment. I have never had a problem in the past, even when recording several tracks of vocal harmonies. I just upgraded to the new version, and was able to record a couple of songs, then suddenly, nothing would record in the vocal tracks I added. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, checked to ensure my microphone (Blue Yeti) was enabled, uninstalled and re-installed my microphone. I have the Blue Yeti as the default mic and the default playback in Audacity. I can hear my music and my voice in the headphones coming back through the Blue Yeti, but nothing records? Can anyone help me?

Do you have room on your internal drive? Sound (and video) take up a lot more room than spreadsheets and Photoshop pictures.

This was a favorite problem on the video forums. “I’ve been cranking out hour long Youtube shows and now it just stopped.”

There are more exotic versions of this. Do you use Cloud or Network drives? Audacity doesn’t like those very much.

When was the last time you clean shut-down Windows? Shift+Shutdown > Wait > Start. If the machine has trouble shutting down, you may have identified your problem.

Koz