Can't hear anything on my Audacity play

So, I’m using a Windows 10 laptop. a couple days ago i downloaded discord to talk to a friend and then opened Audacity and started playing a file. it played but then it started breaking up and i ended up not being able to hear anything. IS there anything i can do? and yes i checked devices and everything is in place. even when i play my files the green bars are showing that audio is playing. everything is normal, i just can’t hear playback. i even uninstalled it twice and uninstalled discord, because i thought it was messing up Audacity. is there anything i can do?

I assume Windows Media Player, etc., is working OK?

Make sure you’ve selected the correct [u]Playback Device[/u].

it played but then it started breaking up and i ended up not being able to hear anything.

Usually that’s related to multitasking… Some other application/process/driver is hogging your computer’s resources.

Yes, my playback is just fine. I can hear literally everything on my laptop except playing back my audio files on Audacity. I can even hear my mixing studio Ableton just fine. It’s at “Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition)” as it normally is.

Yeah i figured maybe it was that case so i ended up deleting Discord but still nothing. Is there any other way i can see if something is hogging that up? is there anything else i can do?