Can't enable plugins after uninstall, reinstall

I’ve just updated to audacity 2.1.2, after having version 2.1.1, thinking that it might help fix a problem I’ve been noticing the last few days, but it has not changed.
I’ve been using some audio unit plugins, and I tried a demo of one, which after deleting from [Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components] it wouldn’t disappear from the effects manager in audacity. This has proved problematic, as once I reinstalled the plugin, but the full version (not the demo), audacity I presume recognizes it as the same plugin, and can’t seem to enable it. This is about the fourth time this has happened in the last few days, so I would appreciate any help that can be offered.

it might help fix a problem I’ve been noticing the last few days

What was the problem?

Koz

I tried a demo of (a plugin and) after deleting (it) from [Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components] it (won’t) disappear from the effects manager in audacity. This has proven problematic, as once I reinstalled the plugin—the full version, not the demo—audacity (seems to) recognize it as the same plugin (i.e. the demo) and can’t enable it.

Even when I enable the plugin, its status changes back to “disabled” in the effects manager.

What is the exact name of this plugin?

You could try quitting Audacity, open Finder, Go > Go to Folder and type:

~/Library/Application Support/audacity/

In the “audacity” folder, delete the file “pluginregistry.cfg”.

Then restart Audacity and try re-enabling the plugins you require.

Gale