I am very frustrated with this software and can do nothing with it. Sometimes something works and a new problem comes up or it doesn’t work next time. What I am trying to do is convert cassetes into MP3’s. This is what I do:
- Click on file and then new
- Click on track, new, stereo or audio
- Start playing the cassette (cassette player is connected to my computer via USB)
- Click on the record button. Sometimes the lines go crazy, indicating it is recording, and sometimes they are flat
- Click on export and indicate that I want MP3’s files. I am asked to give the recording a name and save it.
However, when I try to play it back, I hear nothing. It seems that once I was able to hear the playback, though I can’t remember doing anything different, but all other times I hear no sound.
All I want is to record my cassettes and convert them to MP3 files. That’s all. I don’t want to edit, merge, do effects or anything fancy. Just a simple task. Why can’t I do it? I am really frustrated. What am I doing wrong? Is there perhaps a simpler software program?
Thanks for your help.