Cannot record with MOTU 4Pre

Hello all

My first post here!

I am trying to use Audacity to record via my MOTU 4Pre. Anything I try I receive the error message below
audacity.PNG
I found another old thread with a similar issue but the user never followed up with a potential solution. The MOTU reads 44100 on the front panel and I set the sample rate to match. I have also rebooted. I am running Audacity 2.1.2 and Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

To be fair, I can see the input devices under SOUND in windows but the meters do not seem to see any activity from the microphone - while the 4Pre shows me activity on the front panel.

I may ask MOTU as well but if anybody has any suggestions I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks
Antonio

It is really difficult for us to answer questions like this remotely. With external recording devices, sample rates must match everywhere - on the device (if it has a sample rate setting), in Windows Sound, and in Audacity project rate bottom left. See http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Windows_7_OS#sample_rates - it applies just the same to all later versions of Windows.

Even when you remove the error, obviously Windows must see a bouncing input before Audacity can record. What is the make and model number of the mic and which input in 4Pre is it connected to?

And what are your selected settings in Audacity’s Device Toolbar?

If you need more help, please attach the full information from Help > Audio Device Info… top right of Audacity.
Please see how to attach files to forum posts.

Gale