Cannot Get Waveform/Connect regular turntable ?

Hello Forum members;

I have windows 10 on my computer. I have read the manual and have tried the following but cannot get a waveform in audacity. I have read the manual about settings for the audacity softwear, have adjusted settings in the softwear and cannot get a waveform. I previously recorded successfully using a previous version of audacity. I have not recorded using audacity for a few years and clearly have forgotten something. I’m almost certain that previously I recorded with the turntable connected directly to the computer. My various current attempts have included: connecting the stereo to minijack cable first to the tape output jacks on my separate pre-amp and to the blue line in on the back of my computer. When this didn’t work I tried again, using the same cable to connect the turntable to the blue line in jack on the computer. No luck . Is there someone who could walk me through the hardware connections and soft wear settings for recording - PLEASE ( as you may have gathered, I’m not that swift with technology)

to the tape output jacks on my separate pre-amp and to the blue line in on the back of my computer.

That should work. (Except the sound is coming from the tape-output jacks. :wink: )

Make sure to select Line-in as your [u]Recording Device[/u].