Bug Report Won't Allow Me to upload

Bug Report Won’t Allow Me to upload. Here is my code from the Bug report

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Audacity_dbgrpt-2472-20161020T195758.zip

You would need to go to "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp" and attach the “Audacity_dbgrpt-2472-20161020T195758.zip” file to your post. Please see here for how to attach files: https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/how-to-attach-files-to-forum-posts/24026/1

Please also tell us exactly what actions you took in Audacity before the crash, or what problem you are experiencing.

Gale

I received an error message, then the bug report. Is there anyway I can avoid going through all this? I tried to uninstall and then install but I still get the bud report and I can’t upload. When I uninstall a message appears which says there are elements that have to be removed manually. Is there anyway I can install it without going through all this hassle.

I can’t upload the file because it has been deleted and it can’t be restored.

It is not unusual to see messages about manually removing files after installation. Just delete the files that were in your Audacity installation folder, if necessary after rebooting the computer.

Then install 2.1.2 from Audacity ® | Download for Windows. Run the installer (EXE file) and in the “Select Additional Tasks” screen half way through installation, put a checkmark (tick) in the “Reset Preferences” box. Complete the installation. On launching Audacity, a dialogue will appear where you can confirm if you want to reset preferences just this once, or not. Say yes to the reset.

Gale