Bluetooth Receiver Does Not Read Titles

I have Windows 10 and Audacity 2.1.2. Everything fine with recording and downloading to iTunes and then my iPhone. Bluetooth receiver (Microsoft SYNC in my 2010 Ford Escape does not read/recognize the Artist/Album label on the music. It will play it, but won’t find the title when requested. SYNC fine with recognizing iTunes downloaded from iTunes store. Thank you.

You could compare the metadata for the files to see where the difference lies.

If it’s a bug in SYNC you could report it to Ford.

Gale

Mrs WC’s Ford Fiesta ST3 works fine with WAVs and MP3s exported from Audacity, including the metadata and searching - either from a USB stick or from phone via bluetooth.

WC

SYNC fine with recognizing iTunes downloaded from iTunes store.

Are you saying it can read see title/artist/album information from the iTunes-downloaded files?

iTunes has its own database so if the iTunes downloads are showing the information in your car but your “homemade” files are not, the iTunes database needs to be updated. In iTunes, right-click on the song and select Get Info. If you don’t see the information, enter it.

Normally it should automatically get the metadata from your file and load it into the iTunes database (I’ve never had an problems with my MP3s), but for some reason you may have to do it manually.

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.