I am using Audacity 2.3.0 on Windows 10 - Great program by the way.
I want to create a Macro to set several settings, before applying them to a batch of files.
Essentially I want to carry out the steps to prepare .wav files for conversion to .ad4 format as set out on the following page of instructions:
i.e. These Steps:
- Open Audacity
- Open your audio file
- Select “Tracks” → “Stereo Track to mono”
- Click on the name of your track, and select “Set sample format” → “16-bit PCM”
- On the bottom of the screen, “Project Rate (Hz)” → 16000
- Menu “Effect” → “Amplify”, choose a value to have a sound below the 0.5 graduation
- Menu “File” → “Export audio…”, and select “Type”: “WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM”
I think I can see how to do steps 3 and 6, but not 4 and 5. - Can anyone guide me, please?
It would be really nice to add a feature to Audacity to ‘Record a Macro’, Like Microsoft Excel, where it records which menu item or button you pressed until you tell it to stop, then you can play back that sequence, whenever you need.