BARELY RECORDING SOUND FROM MIC.

Hi all!
I am using a Roland DUO-Capture Ex USB Interface, and an AudioTechnica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser microphone. Recently, audacity stopped picking up the amount of sound a condenser microphone should, only showing up when I shout at close range, however in the area at the top, where there is a microphone and a ‘L’ and ‘R’, it shows that Audacity is picking up the amount of sound it should be, just not showing it in the actual recording station. PLEASE HELP! Please not that I am still hearing playback at the moment of recording, just nothing is showing up as recording, and doesn’t play back after recording! :question: :question: :question:

If the bouncing sound meters are OK and the blue waves seem to be the right size, then the show is probably OK and something in the playback system got shifted.

Make sure the little volume slider to the left of the blue waves is in the middle.
Check the little speaker icon and slider up in the Audacity tools isn’t turned down.
Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 17.36.19.png
And then make sure your computer volume controls are working. In my case, the computer controls and the Audacity controls follow each other—they both slide up and down together.

Koz