Audio help. Adjusting sound levels of each of two imported mp3 individually?

I’m making a VO/VA demo and have a quick question. I will be completely done with this demo piece if this one ( two because I have another in parenthesis )question can be answered

I have two different character dialogs. I want each character to have their own music score.

I ended up opening two audacity windows (if there is a much faster way let me know as well please?).
Window 1: Character 1 and their accompanied music with gain/sound levels adjusted to voice decibel levels.
Window 2: Character 2 and their accompanied music with gain/sound levels adjusted to voice decibel levels.

Now here is the problem.

Window 3: I have character 1 play first then character 2. The music for character one is fine, but for character 2 it is too loud and the gain only seems to adjust both scores rather than individually. Meaning if one music track is too loud other is too quiet and vice versa. The voice for character 2 is much lower toned than character 1 so the music drowns him out. If I adjust the gain it does it for both music scores… How do I individually adjust the gain/sound level for both music scores individually?

Thanks

One Audacity Window with six tracks is the way to do that.
You can copy & paste the content of the different Audacity windows in one window
then move the tracks where you want them with the time-shift tool

To locally adjust the volume you can use the envelope tool

Will try the 6 track time slider next time on a different project.

Envelope tool worked. Thanks!