Audacity v 3.4.2

I just updated to Audacity v 3.4.2 and can no longer record from my soundcard or speaker output. My only choices are the microphone and Windows Sound Manager. I am running the latest update of Windows 10 (10.0.19045). I have rebooted the OS but I still do not see any other options for the Audio Setup Recording Device. My older version (v 3.3.3 x64) worked fine. I uninstalled v 3.4.2, deleted the Audacity folder in Program files and installed v3.3.3. Now it only recognizes the microphone and Windows Sound Manager.

More observations. After updating, I was able to select my soundcard but noticed I was recording in mono. I switched to stereo and lost my ability to record from the sound card or speakers. I switched back to mono but it did not fix the problem.

I looked at Help=> Diagnostics=>Audio Device Info and see that the following devices are listed:
Device name: Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
Device name: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

These were formerly available in the Audio Setup tab. Now the dropdown list only includes Device ID 0 (Microsoft Sound Mapper) and Device ID 1 (Microphone). Could the problem be the dropdown list is not being populated correctly?

Problem fixed. Changed host to WASAPI and High Def Speakers and Digital Audio options appeared.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.