Audacity Stops Recording WITH sufficient Space

Hi,

I am a podcaster. Once when recording a podcast I had an issue where Audacity stopped recording. Although I am not 100% positive, I’m pretty sure that this happened despite the fact that I had an ample amount of available space. To finish the show, I recorded in Mono and in lower quality. Ideally, I would not like to have to do that again going forward as I think switching the bit rate and project rate afterwards screws up the recording? Also, it’s very distracting to have to constantly check if your recording has stopped. I’d hate to lose many minutes of recording because I was not paying attention.

I was wondering if it’s possible that Audacity would stop recording despite the fact that one has ample available space? If so, is there something that can be done about it?

Note: I have deleted most of my old recordings and temporary files. I now have 261.5 GB of available space.

Thanks in advance!
Kyle Smith

I now have 261.5 GB of available space.

Do you remember what you had before you started deleting? How long are the podcasts?

I recorded in Mono and in lower quality.

What was the original quality and what quality did you end using?

How many shows do you have under your belt (approximately).

Are they public and where?

Hard data and numbers are good. What is your Audacity version number? That’s an illustration. “The Latest” doesn’t do us any good. We need the number.

Koz

I have deleted most of my old recordings and temporary files.

Deleted them from your work drive? I hope you moved them off to another drive rather than flushing them.

Koz

Yes it is very possible if you have a USB recording device and you have not rebooted the computer for a long time, especially if you are recording at more than 44100 Hz Project Rate (bottom left).

If you need more help. please give us more information about makes and model numbers of your recording equipment and how it connects to the computer.

Gale