Audacity mp3 file not working in Google Chrome

Hi
I am new to Audacity.
I have downloaded Audacity 2.0.2 and I have created an mp3 file.
It works in IE, a different code works in FF, but no code works in Google Chrome.
Here is the reason why I think it’s the mp3’s fault.
I found the following code on w3schools:

which works in Google Chrome.
They have a Try-It editor, where you can make changes and see what happens.
When I changed horse.mp3 with the address of my mp3 file it did not work.
If I add this to the code on w3schools:

I can link to my file in IE and I can listen to it,
So:
the w3school code (horse.mp3) works in Google Chrome - so the code is correct,
my link works in IE so the address of the file is correct,
so I think the problem is with the audacity mp3 in Google Chrome.
Can somebody please help me solve this problem?
Thamks.

I suspect the first code couldn’t figure out the OGG, not the MP3.

Do all the browsers you’re writing for open the MP3 cold – File > Open – without the embedding and html code?

Describe the MP3 show. Five second mono voice test? I know you can make MP3 with two different tag types, one not as talented but universal, and the other much more talented, but not everybody supports it

I really wanted you to say, “I have a second, non-Audacity MP3 and that plays fine.”

Koz

The most recent release of Google Chrome broke audio playback for many sites. The developers at Google are aware of this but it’s been a number of weeks now without a fix showing up. This might be the same problem. I do not know if there are any current Tag editors which support that tag, but if so, it might be worth trying to add the tag outside of Audacity just as a test.

I just googled “tag editor support audio element” and find that this is a recent addition to HTML5 and only some browsers support it. I do not see any of the audio tag editor’s listings support for this tag given a cursory inspection.

Thank you for your answer, well I hadn’t tried out a second mp3 file on my site, but like I said the audio file (horse.mp3) on w3school.com in Google Chrome works but this one doesn’t.
I tried everything you said:
I remembered I have another mp3 on another page and I saw it has this code:
I embedded it and it works just fine on this new page. I change the mp3 to the current one - stops working.
I open the file in the browser like you said, didn’t know I could…number1 works, number2…nope.
The current mp3 is a six minute mono recording of my voice. It was created in Audacity 1.2.6. When I saw it wasn’t working I looked around a little and saw that Audacity has released 2.0.2 and I installed that. Then I reopened the file and resaved it. This resaved file is the one I am talking about.
So that’s the whole story.

“horse,ogg” is not an mp3 file :confused: