Audacity is not recording all input audio

Hello,

I am trying to record a large number of interview cassettes in audacity. Some of these have music and sound effects added. For some reason whenever I play back the recording I get silence where the music or sound effect should be. There is also reduced background noise, as if there is possibly some sort of filter on.

As far as I am aware this is to do with audacity as I have used other recording software and it picks up the noises just fine.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

…on Windows? This sounds like Windows Enhancements trying to help you by “cleaning up” your voice.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/disable-audio-enhancements-0ec686c4-8d79-4588-b7e7-9287dd296f72

The down side is Windows Forced Updates which may try to re-enable Enhancements in the background.

Koz

Audacity cannot apply noise-reduction in real-time, so cannot be to blame on this occasion. Windows audio-enhancements can be responsible, or similar enhancements bundled with the computer (e.g. MaxxAudio).

Ah, thank you so much. It was Windows Audio Enhancement all along.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.