Audacity Goes Into No Response on Mojave

Hi There,

I am running the lates Mojave software and Audacity 2.3. I can open Audacity but that is about it. If I try to open any file Audacity goes into No Response every time. I have uninstalled and removed all Audacity files. Reinstalled and I get the welcome screen. that’s about all the good news I get. Please help as I have a project I have to get completed for the weekend.

:frowning:

Thank You

GJStache53

Is that the “current release version” of Mojave, or “the latest beta version” of Mojave?

Is that “Audacity 2.3.0” or “Audacity 2.3.1 alpha”?

Audacity 2.3.0 and Mojave 10.14.4 Beta

I posted a reply but I do not see it.

I am running Audacity 2.3.0 and Mojave 10.14.4. Everything was working just fin until yesterday.

That’s because the Forum operates a moderation queue until you become “trusted” - i.e. not a spam poster or a troll. It’s the only way we can keep this little corner of the internet safe and family-friendly.

WC

We are aware that there is a problem with Mojave 10.14.4 Beta. We don’t know whether Apple intend to fix this as they are dropping support for 32-bit applications. The next release of Audacity for Mac will be 64-bit, so as far as we are aware, it should work on the release version of Mojave 10.14.4.

Note that “beta” software is a pre-release version that is intended for testing purposes. Beta software should generally not be used for production work as it is likely to have bugs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Beta

Using Audacity 2.3.0 and Mojave 10.14.4 and I appreciate your reply. I I do understand the “beta” software risks as I work for Apple Retail and have been beta testing out software platforms for a few years.

Is there a beta version of Audacity 64 bit to test out yet? I would be more than willing to to test.

Thank you

GJStache53

There isn’t an official one yet, but if you ask on the developer’s mailing list (look for “audacity-devel” on this page: https://www.audacityteam.org/contact/mailing-lists/), someone may be able to send you one.

There is due to be a release candidate very soon, but I don’t have an exact date. The release candidate will be announced on this forum (in the “Announcements” section of this page: macOS - Audacity Forum)

Thank you for the excellent response.

GJStache53 :smiley: