Audacity does not pick any sound

Hello,
I have installed the latest Audacity version 2.2.2. after uninstalling a previous version using Revo Uninstaller. To test it, I tried to record music from U-tube on line but it was not picking any sound. The monitor was not active after clicking ‘Start monitoring’ and when I clicked record, the message was “Error opening sound device. Try changing the audio host, recording device and the project sample rate.” These properties I have checked and as far as I know they are in order. Also I have not tampered or changed any of the previous connections I had on my previous version. I would be grateful if you could tell me how to make Audacity record again.
The following are the details: Audacity - win - 2.2.2 Windows 10/system 32; System type x64-based PC

This is our posting on making a Windows machine record its own playback. Windows machines don’t naturally want to do that, so what you have now is “normal.”

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_recording_audio_playing_on_the_computer.html

Koz

Dear Kozikowski,
Just a courtesy note to thank you for your technical support. I followed you instructions and with some patience and perseverance, I got Audacity to work properly now. Much appreciated and thank again. Cheers - Alfred Colvin