Audacity cannot burn cds

I have been using Audacity for a couple of years to copy lps to cd. At first all went well, then I had a motherboard failure, so had to change my motherboard. I installed all drivers, software, etc, and the system has been functioning normally for some months now.

But now I find that when I try to copy a lp to cd using Audacity, I cannot burn the cd. I go through all of the usual processes - compiling the tracks, making cue points, etc, and then press the Burn CD button. I insert a blank CD, and the system goes through a ‘caching’ process, then just hangs up. I usually have to reboot to get out of this. The blank CD remains useable.

My system has ‘Roxio’ CD burning software, and if I try to use this to burn the .wav files that Audacity produces, I get the same result.

However, Roxio can copy existing CDs to a blank without any problems, so it seems that the CD drive is ok.

I suspect that some low-level program component is missing, but have no idea what it could be. Any suggestions please ?

Audacity wakes up from first birthday in 44100, 32-floating, Mono. Some versions 44100, 32-floating, Stereo. Reset Audacity Preferences to 44100, 16-bit, Stereo. Restart Audacity and try a test recording.

Koz