Audacity 3.4.2 cannot choose tracks on export

Audacity 3.4.2 on Windows 11.
I have recorded a vinyl record and labeled the 10 tracks. When I choose FILE>Export Audio. I choose my destination filename. I select Multiple Files and cannot select Tracks. The Split files based on has labels selected and I cannot change that. What am I doing wrong.

1. List item

Works for me on W10 with 3.4.2

Peter

Thanks Peter. I cannot create the folder. In the past (previous versions) I was able to use FILE>(then create the folder before exporting the songs). I cannot seems to find the credate folder commends, any ideas?

@wmhg

I don’t think you can any more, there is no longer a Create button. Muse removed that when they implemented the new consolidated export dialog for 3.4.x

The only workaround I know is to create any required folder with Windows File Explorer before you invoke the export from Audacity.

I seem to recall another user asking about this recently.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I figured out the Create folder thing and was able to export okay. Still not able to select the Tracks option on the export, but I did get the album uploaded onto Itunes okay. Also I had to convert the songs to MP3. Maybe Audacity will add the export as mp3 someday. Many more steps to uploading than in previous versions.

So I also found that the export has an option to convert to MP3.
I may uninstall and redinstall Audacity 3.4.2 to see if the Tracks option will happen.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.