Audacity 1.3.6 compilation problem on Xubuntu Hardy

Hi,

I’m using Wx 2.8. The compilation process complains about automake 1.10 but i don’t have it in my ubuntu repositories. Can you tell me how to modify the sources to fix this please?

make[2]: Entering directory /media/sdb10/audacity-src-1.3.6/lib-src/portsmf' cd . && /bin/bash /media/sdb10/audacity-src-1.3.6/lib-src/portsmf/autotools/missing --run aclocal-1.10 -I autotools/m4 /media/sdb10/audacity-src-1.3.6/lib-src/portsmf/autotools/missing: line 54: aclocal-1.10: command not found WARNING: aclocal-1.10’ is missing on your system. You should only need it if
you modified acinclude.m4' or configure.ac’. You might want
to install the Automake' and Perl’ packages. Grab them from
any GNU archive site.
cd . && /bin/bash /media/sdb10/audacity-src-1.3.6/lib-src/portsmf/autotools/missing --run automake-1.10 --foreign
/media/sdb10/audacity-src-1.3.6/lib-src/portsmf/autotools/missing: line 54: automake-1.10: command not found
WARNING: automake-1.10' is missing on your system. You should only need it if you modified Makefile.am’, acinclude.m4' or configure.ac’.
You might want to install the Automake' and Perl’ packages.
Grab them from any GNU archive site.
cd . && /bin/bash /media/sdb10/audacity-src-1.3.6/lib-src/portsmf/autotools/missing --run autoconf
configure.ac:27: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
See the Autoconf documentation.
make[2]: *** [configure] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /media/sdb10/audacity-src-1.3.6/lib-src/portsmf' make[1]: *** [portSMF] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory /media/sdb10/audacity-src-1.3.6/lib-src’
make: *** [audacity] Error 2
gt[audacity-src-1.3.6]$

Thank you,

Ok, using the configure script from the cvs sources fixed the problem.