Applying TSE BOD plugin settings to a track

I recorded my bass raw through a 3.5mm to 1/4 converter, and I downloaded the free TSE BOD sansamp plugin, which sounds great on the track.

The problem is, when I highlight the part I want to have the sansamp’s settings and click apply, the resulting track sounds like absolute garbage. The best way I can describe it is, it’s as if there’s two identical tracks playing, one slightly off-time from the other. Also everything is pulsing. It sounds great previewing the track with the plugin enabled until then though. I am using version 2.1.3 on Windows 7.

Here is a video of the problem:

I am brand new to pretty much all of this. I really like the tone I get from this plugin, and hope there is an easy for for this. Thanks in advance!

The echo is because the effect is being applied twice - once when you clicked the “Apply” button, and again when you play again with the effect still enabled.

After applying the effect (clicking the “Apply” button) you need to either:
a) Close the effect
b) Untick the “Enable” checkbox in the effect window (so that the effect is bypassed)
c) Make a new selection if you want to use the effect on another part of the project.

Try reducing the buffer size from 8192 to 4096 …
BOD options.gif

Thank you so much! This fixed it!

That will reduce the delay time of the echo, but if you are still doing what you did in the video, you are still listening to the effect acting twice.

On default settings the BOD plugin sounds OK in preview, but when applied mangles the sound: when replaying the effected audio with BOD disabled or closed it’s still glitchy. Apparently BOD applies ridiculously-high resampling, (pointless on a distortion effect), which may be responsible for the glitching.

It definitely did sound like the effect was being applied twice when I tried to do this initially on 8192 buffer size, but I when I followed your instructions, unchecked enable and closed the plugin interface after clicking apply, the problem persisted. Using Trebor’s fix of changing to 4096 buffer size has remedied the problem I had in the video. Now the track sounds exactly as it did in the preview. Doesn’t sound like it’s being applied twice anymore, provided I don’t have the plugin interface open while previewing.

Same exact problem here - reducing the buffer to 4096 fixed it - thanks!