Adding Set RMS and Mosquito-Killer to Batch Chain

I know that a lot of chains are currently being tweaked, and that most nyquist prompts that are customized aren’t able to be added to Chains at the moment, but if there were a way to make them compatible that would really improve my experience with the Chains.

I mainly only tweak my bass ass hi/low pass on my audio files, then head right into my nyquist which I have to manually load the plug-ins each time for both the Set RMS and Mosquito-killer funcitons.

Can I suggest looking into adding compatibility for Chains to handle nyquist prompts like those? That would be fantastic! :smiley:

Mac OS: High Sierra 10.13.6
Using version 2.2.2
Commit Id: f665e6 of Wed Feb 14 02:11:20 2018 -0500
Build type: Release build
Compiler: GCC 4.2.1
Compiler: clang 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.42.1)

The current version of Audacity is 2.3.0 and it is available via the Audacity website:
https://www.audacityteam.org/download/mac/
(Audacity 2.3.1 is due to be released next month)

In Audacity 2.3.0, Chains have been renamed to “Macros”, and Nyquist plug-in can be used in them: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/macros.html
(Macros can be found in the new “Tools” menu.)

Mosquito-killer

You should be clear what Mosquito Killer is actually doing. Mosquito noises are the USB cable digital tasks leaking into the sound. We know most USB tasks “whistle” at 1000hz and multiples. 2000Hz, 3000Hz, etc. The default Mosquito killer stops at 8 tones or “mosquitoes.” That seems to work for most people.

Now in English, those eight musical tones are no longer in your show. That means if you tried to play a violin at one of those tones, the music would not appear in the show. Some of your voice tones are missing, too.

Mosquito Killer is the desperation method until you can get a different microphone or computer—or stop using the computer to record sound.

There is no “quick fix.” we went round and round with this over several weeks.

Koz

Thanks Steve! I’ll try it out!