Adding artwork to ripped audio

I am fairly new to using Audacity. I now have an IPad and am putting my audio into MP4a format for my IPad use. Some of it is iTunes downloaded so it comes in the right format with artwork. But some of my CDs I have ripped don’t have artwork. Also I have used Audacity to convert some old audio tapes to MP4a, and used Audacity to add the album tag, artist tag etc… (with excellent advice from this forum on installing FFmpeg). But I have tried searching the Tutorials on the web site etc… but I can’t seem to locate a tutorial or article on how to add the album artwork/image using audacity. I’m sure it is possible if you have some artwork say called cover.jpg or similiar. Can any of the helpful Forum point me in the right direction. I am using Audacity 2.0.5 on Windows 7 prof (64bit), with the MP3 export and MP5a add on and additonal software installed. Thanks for any help or advice

I use [u]Mp3tag[/u]. (It works on most formats, not just MP3.)

I’m not sure if Audacity can do it.

. But some of my CDs I have ripped don’t have artwork. Also I have used Audacity to convert some old audio tapes

iTunes can automatically download the artwork if they have it. But, I think it goes into your iTunes database instead of being embedded in the audio file.

You can search the Internet for arwork. If it’s a cassette, you should be able to scan & crop/edit the artwork. (Worst case, you can usually find a picture of the artist.)

There is also a program called [u]AlbumArtDownloaderXUI[/u]. I haven’t used it, but it searches known online databases for artwork.

Audacity doesn’t support embedded cover art, it’s a feature request.

Also be careful, because if you import a file into Audacity that contains embedded art, Audacity will remove the art when you export the file.

Gale