It would be great, when making or editing a macro, if I could search in the “select command” window for particular commands to insert instead of scrolling back and forth, looking for the command.
BTW, when I click on the question mark icon in the bottom right corner of the “select command” window it goes to a “404 Not Found” page.
I’m using 3.3.1 on an intel Mac.
You can type the first letter or first few letters of a command and the cursor will scroll to there.
For example typing
exp will take you to the export commands.
There is a little “glitch” in that you have to get focus in the command selection window first by clicking an any of the visible commands before you can get the typing access (or tab down 3x to shift the focus to the command selection window).
I have added a GitHib issue for the “glitch”
When adding a command to a Macro the initial focus is in the wrong place #4670
10:37AM - 06 May 23 UTC
Design / UX
macros / scripting
### Your idea
When adding a command to a Macro the initial focus is in the wr
… ong place, it is on the top line **Command** fileld which is un-editable by the user.
When using this ** Select command** dialog the user really wants to be immediately accessing the **Choose command** pane so that they can select the command they wish to add to the macro - and thus initial focus on invoking this dialog should be on the **Choose command** pane.
Note that the user can press Tab (3 times) to get focus on the **Choose command** pane - but the first and second uses of Tab also put focus on uneditable fields: **Parameters** and **Details**.
Or they can click on any visible command in the **Choose command** pane _(but this is not so useful for VI users)_.
### Problem to be solved
It is only when the user has focus on the **Choose command** pane that they can use the useful trick of typing the first letter (or first few letters) of the command they want.
### Prior art
### Additional context
This has been discussed on the Forum previously - and it is dicumented in the Manual.
Logging this was prompted by this recent Forum post requesting a **Search** function to help find their required command:
Ok,I didn’t know that, thanks!
That works fine for me - it goes to:
Thanks. Yes, I just tried it again and now it works - though I’ve just updated to 3.3.2 and done some other changes since I reported that problem. I’d see if I can re-create the error.
Thanks for checking it out.