Add a marker

I’m so embarrassed after searching the forum for over an hour and I can’t find anything about this.

I did find the statement “Audacity does not use markers” just label tracks.

When I use label tracks - it’s another track underneath the multi track production and I want to create tons of markers on specific words, instrument entrances, choruses, etc. I do this is every other editor program for video and audio, but Audacity is far superior in effects, so I’m learning as much as I can for these effects are truly amazing.

I’ve tried to apply the label instructions, well label tracks don’t “move” and appear to actually label your total productions timeline, you can’t (apparently) add notches, or markers on “points” on a track of a multi track that will move with the individual track as you edit and slide tracks left and right - move with a song for instance when you are mashing up songs, changing tempos etc.

I’m predicting the answer is so easy and obvious I’m going to feel utterly idiotic, and I apologize up front. I swear I have used the search engine for “markers” “add markers” “how to add markers”

I think what you’re looking for is Sync-locked Track Groups .
– Bill