1.2.6 "Make" Fails

I am trying to compile Audacity 1.2.6, thus far without success. The reason for this is because my installed Audacity 1.3.0-beta package for Mandriva 2007.0 lacks an input selector, and I want to see if I will have one with Audacity 1.2.6.

At this point, I am thinking that my install of wxGTK-2.4.2 could be faulty, perhaps due to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I have no way to be certain. The Audacity 1.2.6 “configure” finds wxGTK-2.4.2, but “make” fails, with the following lines being displayed at the end:

... /usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk-2.4.so: undefined reference to `vtable for wxFileProto'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../audacity] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rcglassford/compiled/audacity-src-1.2.6/src'
make: *** [audacity] Error 2 ...

The install of wxGTK-2.4.2 finished with no errors reported, although I saw many syntax-related “warning” messages scrolling down the screen throughout the process. The following lines were displayed during “configure” and “make”:

Configured wxWindows 2.4.2 for `i686-pc-linux-gnu'

Which GUI toolkit should wxWindows use?                 GTK
  Should wxWindows be compiled in debug mode?             no
  Should wxWindows be linked as a shared library?         yes
  Should wxWindows be compiled in Unicode mode?           no
  What level of wxWindows compatibility should be enabled?
                                       wxWindows 2.0      no
                                       wxWindows 2.2      yes
  Which libraries should wxWindows use?
                                       jpeg               sys
                                       png                sys
                                       regex              sys
                                       tiff               sys
                                       zlib               sys

cd /usr/local/lib 
                && ln -s libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0.1.1 libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0 
                && ln -s libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0.1.1 libwx_gtk-2.4.so
/usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/local/share/aclocal
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./wxwin.m4 /usr/local/share/aclocal

The installation of wxWindows is finished.  On certain
 platforms (e.g. Linux) you'll now have to run ldconfig
 if you installed a shared library and also modify the
 LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or equivalent) environment variable.

I do not intend to change my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, since I have read that doing so can be dangerous, nor do I intend to compile the most up-to-date version of Audacity (unstable), since that could lead to dependency problems with packages that are not available for Mandriva 2007.0.

Any suggestions as to why Audacity 1.2.6 is not compiling would be greatly appreciated. This is the first failed installation from source that I have encountered with Mandriva 2007.0. I have GCC 4.1.1 and GNU Make 3.81. I can provide CONFIG.LOG for wxGTK and Audacity if needed.

After much searching, I found the two GCC patches to build wxGTK-2.4.2, but no explanation on how to apply the patches to GCC 4.1.1. Can anyone point me to where I can find instructions?