Crash reports

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Crash reports

Permanent link to this post Posted by drchanowski » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm operating on an iMac 2012 edition running macOS 10.12.6 with 32Gig of memory. I'm using Audacity 2.2.1
Is there a place here that I can submit crash reports for analysis? I have strange behavior when using the latest version of the app?
It begins randomly sounding like the record I'm recording is skipping but when I look at the app live feed I see that its as if I'm running out of memory.
Sound is gone for a fraction of a second, repeatedly and the gaps continue as grow larger until the app finally crashes.
I thought that someone might be interested in seeing the crash report to see what is happening and what needs to be done to address the problem.

Thanks.
drchanowski

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: Crash reports

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:08 am

Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Re: Crash reports

Permanent link to this post Posted by billw58 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:00 pm

You can post your crash report here. Either attach it as a text file, or paste it in-line in your message. If doing the latter, wrap the crash report in "Code" tags to make it easier to read.
-- Bill
billw58
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Return to Mac OS X