Create a Customizable Profanity Filter

Using Nyquist scripts in Audacity.
Post and download new plug-ins.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Create a Customizable Profanity Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by Annabelle3985 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 pm

I wonder, how would I create a profanity filter which can be customized to type any words you want to filter out of a piece of audio. And it doesn't have to be only limited to profanity. But what I mean is, you can type any words you deem questionable, which you can either filter with silence, a generic beep, or a sound effect, while still retaining the general background ambience like music or dialogue/soundtrack.
Annabelle3985

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Create a Customizable Profanity Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:25 pm

Annabelle3985 wrote: you can type any words you deem questionable, which you can either filter with silence, a generic beep, or a sound effect

It would be a very tall-order to get Audacity to recognize words, even YouTube's automatic subtitling has difficulties doing that.

Annabelle3985 wrote:... while still retaining the general background ambience like music or dialogue/soundtrack.

If you are willing to locate the word yourself here's a plugin which scratches it out ... viewtopic.php?p=326096#p326096
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Return to Nyquist