Audacity no arranca

Instalé Audacity del repositorio de Ubuntu 12.04 y la utilicé sin problemas la primera vez. Como la carpeta de trabajo estaba en la misma partición que Ubuntu, que solo tiene 15 Gigas, la pasé a una partición montada en /windows con 160 gigas. Salí del programa y al reiniciar me encontré con el siguiente aviso
“Audacity no puede encontrar un lugar donde almacenar los archivos temporales.
Indique una carpeta apropiada en la ventana de preferencias.”
Desinstalé y reinstalé varias veces y el problema sigue igual
Alguien puede ayudarme?
Muchas gracias

No hablo español.

¿Es esto un problema en Windows o Ubuntu?

Si es en Ubuntu, inicie la sesión como root y darle permisos 777 a /var/tmp. También puede hacerlo con botón derecho del ratón sobre la carpeta > Propiedades, continuación figuran los tres permisos para “Crear y eliminar archivos”.

No ejecute Audacity como root.

Gale

I am in Ubuntu 12.04. Thank you for your fast answer but your solution does not work at all. Audacity does not start. Can you gues another solution? Regards

If you set /var/tmp to 777 do you still get the same message, or some other message? If some other message, what does it say?

The usual reason Audacity would say that it can find nowhere to store the temporary folder would be because it cannot write at the location you specify.

Are you sure you are not launching Audacity as root? As I said, doing that will create this error message.

The other approach is to quit Audacity, then open ~/.audacity-data/audacity.cfg. You may need to show hidden files and folders. In audacity.cfg, look for the line:

[Directories]

Add that line containing just [Directories] if it does not exist.

Underneath [Directories], specify a temporary folder on a working drive with many GB of disk space that you have permission to write to, for example:

TempDir=/home/<your user name>/Desktop/audacity_temp

Replace with your actual user name.

Gale