New logo / icon proposal

User-contributed artwork and graphics.

ImageUser-contributed graphics, logos, themes, buttons, icons and other artwork relating to Audacity.
Images and suggestions posted here are primarily for fun. Audacity currently has few options for customising the appearance, but users may still like to share their vision of Audacity in the future.
Please read the READ ME post for this board before posting here.

New logo / icon proposal

Permanent link to this post Posted by prodo123 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi!
Audacity has had its current logo for a very long time (I found it myself about 8 years ago). I think it's overdue for an update, especially considering the current trend of flat, minimalistic UI.

With the help of this guy I made a new logo based on the current one. It's very Mac-oriented though, so I'll also be working on a new one in the meantime. While this one uses the awesome template provided here http://appicontemplate.com/osx, version 2.0 will be a completely original design so stay tuned!

Version 1.0 preview, retina compatible:
audacity.png
audacity.png (111.33 KiB) Viewed 1414 times

How it looks on the dock:
Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 9.52.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 9.52.54 PM.png (65.11 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
prodo123

Operating System: Please select

Re: New logo / icon proposal

Permanent link to this post Posted by hudstock » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:09 pm

My proposal!! No so beautiful like yours.. rsrs
audacity.png
audacity.png (14.72 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
hudstock

Permanent link to this post Posted by eijones » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:22 pm

Audacity Logo_Colour.png
Colour version
Audacity Logo_Colour.png (68.87 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
Hello. I'm currently doing a beginner's user guide to Audacity as my final school project, and I redesigned the logo to be used in the manual. Keep i mind I'm also attempting to maintain the same colour scheme as the original. Let me know what you think!

I made both a colour and a black and white version of the logo in Illustrator, along with a 'reverse' version for both, so I'll post them up in the near future.
eijones

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Thanks eijones.
Perhaps you could make a smaller version that will fit on the "gallery" page viewtopic.php?f=67&t=83108
That topic is locked so that we can maintain some degree of order to the topic, so just post it here and I'll link it through to the gallery topic.
Thanks
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux Debian

Permanent link to this post Posted by Toxic Tuba » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:18 pm

Quite some cool stuff in this and the locked thread. Will the logoupdate ever happen?
Toxic Tuba

Operating System: Windows 7

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:01 am

The gallery page is locked to save me and other moderators time removing posts that aren't gallery images. How it works is; when someone wishes to share their proposed Audacity artwork, they start a topic in this "Audacity Artwork and Graphics" board, then either I or one of the other moderators adds their artwork to the gallery. It's saves a lot of time doing it this way.

Yes the logo probably will be updated at some time.
This came very close to being adopted, and I'd guess that we will eventually adopt something along these lines:

9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux Debian

Permanent link to this post Posted by ChameleonScales » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:09 am

hudstock your logo is amazing. To me there's no question, this should be the next Audacity logo. It has everything a good logo deserves :
- Nice color scheme
- The first letter of the name inside it with a double signification (sound wave) in a cool curvy style
- The very regognizable general shape of the previous logo

I may just make the font a little less classic, perhaps with more rounded ends, which may go along nicely with your A with a dot in it.

I wonder if the owners of Audacity would actually consider using it in the future.
ChameleonScales

Operating System: GNU/Linux other

Return to Audacity Artwork and Graphics