Changing track background color (NO THEMES!)

User-contributed artwork and graphics.

ImageUser-contributed graphics, logos, themes, buttons, icons and other artwork relating to Audacity.
Images and suggestions posted here are primarily for fun. Audacity currently has few options for customising the appearance, but users may still like to share their vision of Audacity in the future.
Please read the READ ME post for this board before posting here.

Re: Changing track background color (NO THEMES!)

Permanent link to this post Posted by AR Cooney » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Mr. Andrews, thank you for your voting proposition. I sure do apply for it. I'm not here to be selfish, so I would say; applying a theme worked well and solved my problem. If there are other ways of changing track colours (which is a very common feature in audio editors like pro tools) it's your right to prefer them. I don't know why the team doesn't like the use of themes, everyone has a good reason, I guess.
In the end, it's the results that matter, not the procedure. Theme or not, I'm not the only visually impaired person in this strange world and I think that making Audacity comply with hi-contrast color schemes might alleviate the sufferings of many users around the planet.
Incidentally, sound is very important in the life of those who can't see very well, you know? :D

Edgar, it's very kind of you to allow everyone into studying and using what you have done with you own work. I'm no developer for sure; I'm more like a farmer but my passion and my will could use me some help for this. Keep up with the good work, somebody out there is appreciating it so much.

Thank you again! Perhaps you'll not hear my songs on the CBS anytime soon :P, but you have made me a great favour by releasing this free software. I can say it has made my life a bit better. You made it. I'm sure it's true not just for me but for many others.
Keep on rocking!
AR Cooney

Operating System: Please select

Re: Changing track background color (NO THEMES!)

Permanent link to this post Posted by Edgar » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:16 pm

For anyone following this – I now have control of the background colors of the Track Info Panel but I also realize that I should probably allow the user control of the font/other drawing color so that it could be white-on-black, black-on-white or what have you. Something to do this afternoon…
Edgar
Forum Crew

Operating System: Windows 7

Previous

Return to Audacity Artwork and Graphics