Request: Skin

User-contributed artwork and graphics.

ImageUser-contributed graphics, logos, themes, buttons, icons and other artwork relating to Audacity.
Images and suggestions posted here are primarily for fun. Audacity currently has few options for customising the appearance, but users may still like to share their vision of Audacity in the future.
Please read the READ ME post for this board before posting here.

Re: Request: Skin

Permanent link to this post Posted by audio_addict » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 am

Thank you so much for your prompt posting, SamPL. Unfortunately, for some strange reason, the .png file caused Audacity to crash and not run at all. Do you have any idea to why this happened? I think its the lack of transparency on the transport buttons in the .png file. Is this any way you can fix this?
audio_addict

Operating System: Please select

Permanent link to this post Posted by SamPL » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:35 pm

Hm, sorry to hear that. I'm the wrong person to troubleshoot this, though...

My best guess is that phpBB removes transparency on posted pngs and that somehow messed it up (if transparency is in fact the issue somehow). Try downloading the zip I linked to in the post with the original photoshop file; I also included the unaltered transparent png in that file, I think:

SamPL wrote: If anyone wants to make further mods, I've also uploaded the original photoshop file and .png in a .zip here: http://drop.io/samplfamfam

If the layout of the skinning image has changed and you have photoshop, feel free to try to tweak the file from the original photoshop doc to be compliant. Or maybe a reinstall? Good luck!
SamPL

Permanent link to this post Posted by scar » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:08 pm

alatham wrote:I think the Theme option has been removed from 1.3.4. It was present in 1.3.3, but I can't find it in the newest beta. It didn't work very well in 1.3.3 as Audacity only read limited portions of the theme.

sorry but that doesn't seem like a valid reason to completely remove this functionality. even if it was only working limited, it was working. i have a dark [OS] theme and require dark backgrounds with lighter foregrounds. from what i saw early in this thread, the theme functionality would have been perfect. [whine]as it is now, the white background of the waveform is so freaking bright on my screen that i can't see anything else. i have to turn on a bunch of lights around me in order to see the screen properly.[/whine]
scar

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:19 pm

scar wrote:sorry but that doesn't seem like a valid reason to completely remove this functionality.

It was temporarily removed.
Theme support is gradually being added again in Audacity and is available in v. 1.3.6
Although Audacity 1.3.x has been around for a while now and is pretty stable, it is still classed as beta software because it is the current development version. When developing something it is sometimes necessary to take a step back before you can step forward again.
See here for more information about themes: http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php? ... ming_HowTo
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by tjoho0 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:40 am

SamPL's theme keeps crashing on me too. Running Mac OS X with Audacity 1.3.6. Any ideas? Somebody that can get it to work?
tjoho0

Permanent link to this post Posted by tjoho0 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Since I couldn't get SamPL's skin to work I decided to do one myself. I based mine of the beautiful fugue icon set (http://www.pinvoke.com/) and I think it turned out pretty great. Give me some feedback. I would love some screenshots from the Windows and Linux builds! :geek:

Here's a screenshot from Audacity on my Mac:

The imagecache can be downloaded from here:

tjoho0

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:50 pm

That looks really good tjoho0. What version of Audacity is that?
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by tjoho0 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:22 pm

1.3.6 beta =)
tjoho0

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:04 pm

Yup, I agree with SteveTF - that's a nice looking re-skin of Audacity tjoho0

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by tjoho0 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:04 am

Thanks waxcylinder. I'm working on some minor changes/improvements! Will post as soon as finished. Is there any way to change the font in the app?

EDIT: here's the latest update: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/-ImageCache.png
tjoho0

PreviousNext

Return to Audacity Artwork and Graphics