Audio recording new audio track problem

Hi,I’m pretty new on audacity and have a problem. I want to record audio by microphone from books and often stop cut or delete parts and after that try to continue on the same file but whenever i try to continue, a new audio track comes out. The worst one i can not merge these tracks by correct timing. How can i cancel these new tracks? Thanks.

You can continue recording on the same track by pressing Pause and then Pause again to start up again.

In Audacity 1.3.12…

http://audacityteam.org/download/

…you can use the Append Record tool, Shift-R. This will make one track longer and longer instead of starting new ones.

You can delete any track by clicking on the little [x] to the left of the blue waves.

Koz

It doesn’t let to edit in pause mod, its important to delete some unwanted selected parts at the file. By the way i did not understand Shift-R tool.

It’s much easier to do all the editing when you have finished the complete recording. As you have found out, Audacity doesn’t let you edit when paused.

If you make a mistake, or you have recorded something you want to delete, do the following:

1. Press P to pause recording.
  2. Press CTRL+M, which will insert a label at the point where you paused.
  3. Type some text in the label and press enter.
  4. Press P again and continue recording. Repeat the last sentence if necessary.
  5. When you have finished recording, export a WAV file as a backup, then go back to the places marked by the labels and delete the parts you don’t want.

Shift+R is used to add sounds to the end of a track you have already recorded.
Normally, if you press the Record button, or press R, Audacity will start to record on a new track. If you press Shift+R instead, it will start recording at the end of the existing track.

POL

Shift+R only works in Audacity 1.3.x
Technus, if you are using the old 1.2.x version of Audacity it is highly recommended that you upgrade to Audacity 1.3.12 Audacity ® | Downloads