Removing static from one mono channel of a stereo recording

Hi all,

I’m editing a podcast recording that I made on an Zoom H4N. I’ve had issues with static appearing on ONE of the channels of the stereo recording. Relatively new to Audacity, and I don’t know if I can remove static on just one mono channel without affecting the other channel. Related to this - if it is possible to edit or delete audio from one channel, can I copy and paste the good audio from the other channel to make it sound like stereo again? Thanks for your help. I’ve attached a screen shot so you can see what I’m dealing with.
Static on 1 channel issue.JPG

It looks to me like data corruption. Possibly due to the flash media failing?

The left channel shows severe damage, so I think the best thing you can do is to delete that channel and use the (good) right channel as a mono recording. A mono track will play through both speakers.

From the track dropdown menu, select “Split Stereo to Mono”, then delete the bad track by clicking on the [X] in the top left corner.
See here for more info about splitting and joining tracks: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/splitting_and_joining_stereo_tracks.html