Audio file extends too long after track ends

Audacity Podcaster Forum.

ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Audio file extends too long after track ends

Permanent link to this post Posted by JoshCohen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 am

Hi there,

Is anyone else having this problem? My edited tracks all end at a specific time, i.e. 28:28 but the audacity file extends several seconds past it. Even after I export it to mp3 it is too long. I have no idea how to clip/trim/delete that extra bit of file space.
JoshCohen

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Audio file extends too long after track ends

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 pm

JoshCohen wrote:Is anyone else having this problem? My edited tracks all end at a specific time, i.e. 28:28 but the audacity file extends several seconds past it. Even after I export it to mp3 it is too long. I have no idea how to clip/trim/delete that extra bit of file space.

It always helps if you say what version of Audacity you are using (all three numbers, see Help > About Audacity...).

If you use the current 2.1.3 from http://www.audacityteam.org/download/ then you probably won't have the issue. Versions just before 2.1.3 could export too much if you had multiple tracks that don't start at the beginning and export multiple by labels.

If 2.1.3 does not help, do CTRL + F and CTRL + SHIFT + F to fit the project horizontally and vertically, then attach a screen shot. Please see how to attach files to forum posts.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Podcasting with Audacity