Click Problem 5 Minutes into Recording

Audacity Podcaster Forum.

ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Click Problem 5 Minutes into Recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by pucke1bd » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:19 am

Recently got into podcasting and my buddy and I are keeping it on the cheap. We recorded two episodes just using my macbook to record us and it worked just fine. I made minor edits with audacity and we were good to go. Now for our next batch of episodes 5 minutes in there starts to be a clicking every time we talk.

The click removal doesn't quite get it and neither does noise reduction either. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks
pucke1bd

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: Click Problem 5 Minutes into Recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:28 am

using my macbook to record us and it worked just fine.

Built-in microphone? I've done that. I shot a temporary sound track for a TV commercial like that.

How far apart are the ticks? If it's a mono track (one blue wave), drag-select up to 20 seconds of the clicking, export it as WAV (Microsoft) 16-bit and post it here.

Scroll down from a forum text window > Upload Attachment > Browse... If it's stereo (two blue waves) the forum will cut you off at ten seconds.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Re: Click Problem 5 Minutes into Recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:35 am

Also see http://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/FAQ:Recording_-_Troubleshooting#mac_crackle. Don't read the rest of that Manual because it is for Audacity 2.1.3 which hasn't been released yet.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Podcasting with Audacity