effects plug-in not working

Hi Gale
I downloaded the DeClicker.ny and DeEsser.ny into my Audacity in Program Files(x86) but they are not appearing in Effects. Someone suggested go into Effects, Manager and Enable these plug-ins. But there is no Manager at the top of the effects or anywhere else in Effects. I have version 2.1.1 ??

You don’t have Effects > Add / Remove Plugins? It’s possible Effects Manager showed up in Audacity 2.1.2.

You dropped both of those files into the Plugins folder?

I’ve been finding that the need for DeEsser goes way up when you record badly and overuse Noise Reduction and other tools. SS sounds become aggressive and piercing. What’s your microphone?

Koz

No Koz there is no Manager, or Add/Remove options in Effects, Analyze or Generate. And I just downloaded the latest Version 2.1.2 (which by the way states Audacity 2.0.2 when I go into Help and About Audacity, instead of 2.1.2 ??)

That’s not right, either.

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

That’s the only place you should be getting Windows Audacity from. Many people offer modified and bogus versions of Audacity, and having the version number scrambled is sometimes a good way to detect that.

Koz
Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 11.42.20 AM.png

If you want a clean Windows program, the installer should ask you if you want to reset the preferences and settings. Say yes.

Koz