Length of the music track

I am new to podcasting and I recorded my voice and found the background music that I like, but the music track it is too short.
I am making a meditation podcast, so I need to insert about a 10 minutes meditating time with background soft music and also make the music last that length of time.
So two questions: how to insert that music time in the podcast and how to make the music play for that long.
Thanks in advance for your help

Looping is about the only way. Near the end of the music, fade for a split second and then start another copy. Fade when it’s been running long enough. You can’t do production (easily) during the performance, so you should create the track and export it as a WAV and just run that behind your voice either in real time or in post production,

As you get better at it, you can cross-fade while both copies of the music are playing like the DJs in the clubs do. That’s how they get one song to last between 11:30pm and 11:55pm. It’s not really that long, they keep fading between two different copies on the beat. If you’re on the dance floor and you notice what they’re doing, they’re doing it wrong. It should be a snap with laid-back, plunky, tinkly Yoga music.

I don’t know that we have a manual for that. I’ll look.

Koz

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/tutorial_looping.html

Koz

thanks for the help

There is another similar option. Open a new project in audacity and import your music. Add a new track (or stereo tracks) and import the music again. Then adjust the timeline so the 2nd track starts about where the first ends, but leaving some overlap. then you can either manually (or use Audacity’s automatic fade controls) to fade out the first track and fade in the second. Then you can add you voice track or, if you prefer, export the music tracks as a Mp3 where the two tracks will be mixed down into one. In short, you’ve just created a cross fade so there will be not “dead air” between the two tracks and you won’t have to mess with that while recording your voice track. You could do this as many times as necessary to achieve the overall length of music that you need.

People do have an amazing ability to memorize music, though, so if you have to do this multiple times, people are going to catch on, even with tinkly chimes. Same thing if you produce a standard podcast and use the same music and extensions week after week. You are playing DJ even if the object is to zone out. The rules didn’t go away.

Koz

Think Sheri Lewis…

"
This is the song that never ends
It just goes on and on my friend
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was,
And they’ll continue singing it forever just because . . .