Podcast when in playback, suddenly stops and restarts

Hi,

I use Windows, although this problem may not have anything to do with windows at all, but I am asking to find out if there is anything I could try to improve this problem.

I create my podcasts using Audacity, I export them to mp3, then load them up to my wordpress blog. My listeners tune in via links from Facbook, twitter, itunes and my blog site, and this problem is encountered by me, and some listeners.

What happens is we will listen from our devices, iphone 5s, iphone 6, and someone else uses something like an ipad, only it’s not the Apple brand. I don’t know what they use. The one listener who uses the iphone 6 cannot get the podcast to play at all, even when they empty their cache beforehand. Others have this experience: the podcast plays anywhere from 2 to eight minutes, and then it stops and begins to play the podcast from the very beginning. Once this begins, it continues to play for that amount of time, looping back continually, never playing more than the amount of minutes from when it first looped. I had thought that my files are too large, (approx 20 mb) but when I record voice only, they are only 15 mb, and the problem still occurs. In fact, today, when I tested it, it was worse. I listened in through my twitter link, and it stopped about 6 times, without looping, and I had to restart twitter each time and click the link to get to my blog to hit the play button each time.

Have any other podcasters experienced this problem? Or does the Audacity tech staff know what I could do to rectify this? Any help is much appreciated.

blog: http://miscelaneousmomstuff.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CandyK123
Facebook: c.klaudeman
iTunes: ScriptureDaily

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
CandyK123

If your podcast is in the form of a link to an MP3 file, then the length that can be played on a portable device may well be limited to the amount of available memory space on the device. The way to get round that is to deliver the podcast from a media streaming service provider.

If you are already using a “streaming” podcast service to deliver the podcast, then you will need to direct your question to the streaming service provider.

Okay, thank you for your answer.

What is a streaming service provider, and can you direct me to some that I can check out? I thought that hosting my mp3 on my wordpress blog would suffice, but this is not the case? Can you explain the difference to me please, or direct me to where I can learn more about it? I would like to understand a little more about this.

Have a great day.
CandyK123

I think Steve means something like https://www.iradeo.com/ (it has a limited free plan too).

This isn’t really an Audacity problem.

Gale

Thank you for your help.

Wikipedia has an article that describes what “streaming media” means, and how it differs from “downloading media”: Streaming media - Wikipedia

“SHOUTcast” is one of the more popular media streaming systems.