Saved as MONO and Reopened as Stereo ?

For Musicians to Share Their Music, Tips, Tricks and Reviews.

ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Re: Saved as MONO and Reopened as Stereo ?

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:57 am

is it possible to just use the extact thing

You don't know what "the thing" is. The music system equalizer I had was just printed in whatever looked pretty. It wasn't in dB. A friend of mine had a stand-alone equalizer that did have dB markings. It wasn't cheap.
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by pennyroyaltea94 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:23 pm

kozikowski wrote:
is it possible to just use the extact thing

You don't know what "the thing" is. The music system equalizer I had was just printed in whatever looked pretty. It wasn't in dB. A friend of mine had a stand-alone equalizer that did have dB markings. It wasn't cheap.

Nevermind thinking it would be extact is kind of dumb lol.

Back to my Original Idea ,

When I opened all the new saved tracks from AUDACITY in my WAVPAD , It says I can convert it to MONO and save,

So yeah would that mean I would then get my idea back of HARD LEFT , HARD RIGHT , DEAD CENTER Single Mono Tracks then ?
pennyroyaltea94

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 pm

would that mean I would then get my idea back of HARD LEFT , HARD RIGHT , DEAD CENTER Single Mono Tracks then ?

I'm guessing yes, as long as you don't need them to play at the same time. Audacity can give you three separate mono sound files with the work as you posted. So you can play Voice and Music Mix, full stop. Or you can play Music by itself, full stop or you can play Voice by itself, full stop.

I'm curious what the goal is. Mono sound files don't have left and right. It was the need to have left and right—different sound in each ear—that gave everybody stereo. Are you old enough to remember the early stereo demo records. "Here's a jet taking off left to right!!" Isn't that amazing? There's two different sound tracks in that groove.

I guess there is another variation to this. You can keep the single blue waves and make them appear left and right and all play at the same time as long as you stay in an Audacity Project. You can't ever post the work and nobody else will be able to play it unless they have the same or later Audacity.

Remember to ship a Project, you have to send both the AUP file and the associated _DATA folder with all the little AU files in it.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by pennyroyaltea94 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 pm

I'm 28 and I think just 2 IDEAS mixed up with each other.

I want L C R , Where you got things panned that way , so everything has a better chance to be heard cleary and evenly.

and then I got myself thinking big time of the Beatles being MONO ,

So does MONO mean

no matter how many tracks its all in one channel ? Meaning all in the right ?
pennyroyaltea94

Permanent link to this post Posted by pennyroyaltea94 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:52 pm

kozikowski wrote:
would that mean I would then get my idea back of HARD LEFT , HARD RIGHT , DEAD CENTER Single Mono Tracks then ?

I'm guessing yes, as long as you don't need them to play at the same time. Audacity can give you three separate mono sound files with the work as you posted. So you can play Voice and Music Mix, full stop. Or you can play Music by itself, full stop or you can play Voice by itself, full stop.

I'm curious what the goal is. Mono sound files don't have left and right. It was the need to have left and right—different sound in each ear—that gave everybody stereo. Are you old enough to remember the early stereo demo records. "Here's a jet taking off left to right!!" Isn't that amazing? There's two different sound tracks in that groove.

I guess there is another variation to this. You can keep the single blue waves and make them appear left and right and all play at the same time as long as you stay in an Audacity Project. You can't ever post the work and nobody else will be able to play it unless they have the same or later Audacity.

Remember to ship a Project, you have to send both the AUP file and the associated _DATA folder with all the little AU files in it.

Koz

Hey thanks KOZ for all the info ,

For now on just rolling with the idea of

HARD LEFT , - Guitar
HARD RIGHT , - Guitar

DEAD CENTER - VOCAL TRACK with the Guitar being the quiet backing mold track ,

If any of them are too loud it's called roll back the volume gain that's right above the L & R Slider ;)

Completely neverminding if the EXPORT Track is MONO or STEREO :lol:
pennyroyaltea94

Previous

Return to Making Music with Audacity