DI and wet signal into Audacity possible?

For Musicians to Share Their Music, Tips, Tricks and Reviews.

ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

DI and wet signal into Audacity possible?

Permanent link to this post Posted by dxm55 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:10 am

Hi all,

I want to record some guitar demos over a backing/click track in Audacity thru a Line 6 UX2, that I might want to SOLO and export later as WAV for an actual recording.
The sound engineer said it was possible, but it would be better if I could also give him the dry/DI signal.

The UX2 has 4 send channels, 1/2 and 3/4. In stereo, I can assign the wet sig to 1/2 and the DI/dry to 3/4 in Pod Farm.
It's connected via USB straight into the PC, and Audacity uses the UX2 as the sound card / input.

Question is, can Audacity record 2 simultaneous and separate tracks from both stereo channels?
So far I've not seen or found any options for this.

I could get this to work on Mono by using an A/B with the dry on the A, and wet on the B, then split the stereo tracks into 2 monos.
But I would prefer to get it in stereo if possible, especially the wet signal.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
dxm55

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: DI and wet signal into Audacity possible?

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:24 am

dxm55 wrote:Question is, can Audacity record 2 simultaneous and separate tracks from both stereo channels?

There's a manual page ... http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Multichannel_Recording
[ but I've never done multichannel recording on Audacity myself ]
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Return to Making Music with Audacity