What do you call this sound? Is it possible to fix it?

For Musicians to Share Their Music, Tips, Tricks and Reviews.

ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Re: What do you call this sound? Is it possible to fix it?

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:19 pm

steve wrote:
oda1honda wrote:Well, It makes a I don't know what to call it. Static-like sound?

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. I don't know that piece of music, and I don't notice anything obviously "wrong" with it.

Nor me, and I am staying out of this. But if you want my opinion, the noise is "action noise" when the keys of the keyboard instrument (celesta, I think) are depressed. To remove that noise would falsify the recording, aesthetically.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by oda1honda » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Hey, I'm not picky when it comes to opinions and thoughts so I appreciate it.

But hm. Both experts did not hear the thing. Got it. Thank you for both of your input / opinion.
oda1honda

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:06 pm

Gale Andrews wrote:
steve wrote:
oda1honda wrote:Well, It makes a I don't know what to call it. Static-like sound?

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. I don't know that piece of music, and I don't notice anything obviously "wrong" with it.

Nor me, and I am staying out of this. But if you want my opinion, the noise is "action noise" when the keys of the keyboard instrument (celesta, I think) are depressed. To remove that noise would falsify the recording, aesthetically.

Interestingly I have a commercial recording which show similar on very close listening.

It 's the Mozart Clarinet played by Gervase de Peyer on Deutsche Gramaphomon - One time I was sitting much closer to my QAD ELS-57 speakers then normal and I thought what's all that clattering - then I realized that the recording had probably been very close-miked and the clattering was Gervase using the keys on his clarinet. :P

WC
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:08 pm

And I can't hear any glitches in the posted clips either - but my ears are ageing these days :(
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by oda1honda » Tue May 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Hm. Well the sound in question is more obvious to me when I turned up my volume to test it. And for the part that I linked here, I heard 2 of them static-like sound thing. So my guess is either, "Said sound only appears when volume is high" which kind of funny. I mean, Volume high then have but volume low then don't have? That's really funny all right. So I kind of doubt the first thought is right. 2nd thought is "Maybe the sound I hear is really just part of the OST and people just thinks like that?" Which it also doesn't seems right either. I asked one of my friends to help me listen to it and he said that he heard one of the sound in this linked audio.

I tried to EZ-Patch it and things and such, I'm no expert but I think the length of the said sound is rather long since EZ-Patch doesn't work because too long (That's a thing for me.) Repair doesn't seems to work either but then again, I might be repairing the wrong area. Or I might be too insecure about this kind of things, I want to make it "perfect" after all. Which is not happening with my skills and knowledge lol. *Sigh* This is hard.
oda1honda

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Tue May 02, 2017 3:38 pm

For a "perfect" copy where you can hear what was recorded and intended, buy the CD. You can still rip the CD to WAV and edit it further to your taste.

Gale
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Tue May 02, 2017 11:43 pm

You may find you have the rare mixing of a particular sound defect and a monitor system that's sensitive to it. Another variation is a monitor system that overloads under certain exact conditions. Either can be why none of us can hear any problems with the music.

I see a bit up the thread someone found an actual tiny digital defect in the blue waves. Were you able to duplicate the discovery and repair?

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by oda1honda » Wed May 03, 2017 12:44 am

@Gale, Yeah that's what I figured.

@Koz, Maybe. I don't know the stuff after all. I assume you mean Trebor? If it is, Then no, I cannot find it so the repair is also a no too.

Well, I think I gonna have to call off this project of mine. Man, My head is getting worse and worse each time I attempt to do this. It's too obvious that this is too early for me lol.
oda1honda

Previous

Return to Making Music with Audacity