Mastering tips requested

For Musicians to Share Their Music, Tips, Tricks and Reviews.

ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Mastering tips requested

Permanent link to this post Posted by b_music » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:39 am

Hello,
I am currently working on writing a track. However, I am fairly new at using audacity and am struggling a bit. I have recorded all my parts. Mainly vocals and acoustic guitars. I do not understand the mixing process. I have tried amplifying various parts of the song and adding echos to certain areas but it still doesn't sound like a solid cohesive piece. Any tips and tricks on mastering your recording so that it sounds nice and cohesive? What are some of your most used effects or tools to master your pieces? Thank You in advanced! :)
Last edited by Gale Andrews on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Given more specific title
b_music

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Mastering tips requested

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:32 pm

I do not understand the mixing process.

I don't either and I'm not sure any of the other elves are going to be able to start a class in music mixing. There are schools that can do that for you. We're just the tool kit.

We can help you if you have trouble getting a specific effect to work to achieve a desired goal.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by Tim Lookingbill » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:26 pm

YouTube has tons of mastering how to videos some using Audacity. Lot's of info online just by Googling.
Tim Lookingbill

Operating System: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or earlier

Permanent link to this post Posted by Black Dog Bluez » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Use Audacity to trim ends or maybe a simple mix if multiple tracks.. It's really trial and error.. And no one really wants to share much without making some ca-ching (spelling?)--- well unless you start getting into the specifics/as in one or two questions at a time --- and there's some knowledgeable people on here. Record in Wave format/lossless not lossy (and do not clip). Until you can develop your own editing prowess, you can send a Wave of your rough or rough mix to this site and they'll do it for you, for free: https://www.landr.com/en

Ronald Newman
http://www.SoundClick.com/RonaldNewman
Black Dog Bluez

Operating System: Windows 7

Return to Making Music with Audacity