Need help with something regarding an MP3

For Musicians to Share Their Music, Tips, Tricks and Reviews.

ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Need help with something regarding an MP3

Permanent link to this post Posted by MT3269 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:12 pm

This may seem strange to almost everyone that's even looked at this thread. But anyhow, I'm just wondering, is there a way to replicate the sound in this MP3 file that occurs at the 50 to 57 second point without copying the actual portion mentioned? I'm looking for a way to do it using the pitch or speed adjustment functions. But any method at all is fine with me, except trying to rerecord the original which is something I've been trying to do for over a year.

I'm not offended by anyone cracking up laughing just reading this question. But anyhow. It's a recording of a bus, albeit with a bit of distortion in the file. The bit mentioned is where it gets up to 60kph, and I'd like to know if this input can be modified to portray a file of it sitting at this speed for longer. I don't want to kill my ears by listening to it in Audacity at high volume repetitively try to figure out what to do.

http://download1593.mediafire.com/zub3b ... AudFor.mp3

Thanks in advance.
MT3269

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Need help with something regarding an MP3

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:52 pm

This is the section from 50s + 01527 samples to 52s + 05697 samples. I've reduced some of the crackles using the "Repair" effect (http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/repair.html)

Loop it as many times as you like by using the "Repeat" effect (http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/repeat.html)

loop.wav
(360.86 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux Debian

Permanent link to this post Posted by MT3269 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:19 am

Thanks for the response. But what I actually want to try and do is adjust the input in the section portion of the file (about the 2:10 to 2:45 mark) to where it sounds like the bit at 0:50 to 0:57. Is this possible with Audacity?
MT3269

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:21 am

MT3269 wrote:Thanks for the response. But what I actually want to try and do is adjust the input in the section portion of the file (about the 2:10 to 2:45 mark) to where it sounds like the bit at 0:50 to 0:57. Is this possible with Audacity?

If I understand your question correctly, then you could use a "Time Track" like this:

trackpanel000.png
trackpanel000.png (32.75 KiB) Viewed 651 times

See: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/time_tracks.html
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by MT3269 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:32 pm

I'm not sure how that feature works. Thanks for pointing it out anyhow though.

The file I initially linked to includes 55kph running. However, I need to be able to modify it using whatever function is available to depict the solid 60kph running in the attached file at approximately the 3:15-3:30 mark.

http://download1195.mediafire.com/avfgc ... 282%29.mp3

Also, I have attached another file that shows what I was recording, when actually wanting to get the revs mentioned. Is it possible to modify this one at all? What I'm after is trying to recreate those revs by modifying input at lower speeds so that this can be exported into a full length file of about 6 minutes in length.

http://download1585.mediafire.com/wtcd9 ... 282%29.mp3

Alternatively, are there any other free programs like Audacity that might be able to do this?

If I mess around too much with the Audacity functions, it could be very hard on my ears, so I need to know what to do in advance, rather than just experimenting, and subsequently getting angry with myself. And yes, I do this in spare time. It's not a job lol.

Thanks again.
MT3269

Permanent link to this post Posted by MT3269 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:27 am

Anyone have any further suggestions for this? I still haven't figured out the magic trick, assuming there is one, and it doesn't seem like it's possible now to recapture the original.
MT3269

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:45 am

steve
Senior Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Time track demo.gif
Time track demo.gif (334.99 KiB) Viewed 457 times
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Permanent link to this post Posted by MT3269 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:53 am

I still haven't figured out a way to modify the audio to something that is similar to portion I mentioned, but nonetheless, is there a way to get rid of this annoying background noise in this file? I unwittingly used incorrect settings, when it turned out that I didn't need any AGC (Automatic Gain Control) functions at all for this. The only one I use is Limit2, on the odd occasion

http://download1346.mediafire.com/ye7c0 ... cnoise.mp3

I have tried noise reduction, and it hasn't worked.
MT3269

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 pm

MT3269 wrote:... is there a way to get rid of this annoying background noise in this file?

The annoying [bubbly] background-noise is compression-artifacts : they are caused by using a low bit-rate , (nothing to do with AGC).

A free plugin called DtBlkFx can be used to reduce the bubbly compression artifacts somewhat ...

''agcnoise'' after DtBlkFx plugin_.flac
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 17 times

DtBlkFx plugin showing the 'Motor-Cycle' settings used.png
DtBlkFx plugin showing the 'Motor-Cycle' settings used.png (118.95 KiB) Viewed 187 times
Motor-Cycle.xml
Preset data for DtBlkFx
(504 Bytes) Downloaded 12 times
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Next

Return to Making Music with Audacity