Recording stuck and not recording. Audacity 2.1.1 Windows 10

I’ve been trying to record in Audacity 2.1.1 with Windows 10. I’m recording guitar into my Digitech RP355 amp modulator/effect pedal then USB from it into my laptop. I have it set to MME and selected the Digitech RP355 in the microphone selector. Then I hit record and it doesn’t move at all. I’ll then select the onboard mic and I’m able to record from that crappy mic fine. It sounds like it’s underwater, so there’s no way I’m recording with that. I was able to tinker with the settings or something to get it to record before with the RP355, but again today it’s not working. I’ve tried shutting down the computer in a cold boot to refresh the resources, but that didn’t work. I’m tring hard to record impressive guitar demos to put online so I can impress local music stores that offer guitar lessons, so I can teach guitar there for employment. This is a big deal and not for fun. This is for a job! Help?
Screenshot (7).png

Windows 10 was not a simple Windows update. It’s Really New and it’s possible you may need Windows 10 drivers or software. Whatever you do with on-line support has to say Windows 10 in those words. “Works in Windows and Mac” or some broad claim such as that doesn’t do it.

The latest Audacity is 2.1.2 which you can get from here:

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

Koz