Any way to label single track into parts?

To explain what I mean; I’ll use an example. I’ve recorded Frank Zappa’s ‘Absolutely Free’ album from my record player. The album has two songs which are split into parts. For instance, The second track is 2a. The Duke of Prunes (2:12) 2b. Amnesia Vivace (1:01) 2c. The Duke Regains His Chops (1:45). So, is there a way I can create different labels for each part and still have it play as one song when I export it?

How are you listening to it? If you’re making an Audio CD, you can Export individual sections as files, but tell the CD Authoring and Burning software not to put any spaces between the songs. That’s how operas and concerts are done. Chapters but no gaps.

Koz

A note. If it is a CD, Do Not export as MP3. Use the Audacity default of WAV (Microsoft). MP3 sometimes burns tiny gaps at both ends of the song and you can’t stop it. That may also limit your ability to get other personal music players to work.

Koz

Thanks for responding. I’ll be listening to it through my Hi-Res Sony Walkman music player. My hope was to find a way to label the track in parts while still getting it to play as one song while in shuffle mode. No big deal if I can’t. Just thought it’d be a cool/very useful tool; as I have a lot of albums with song titles like that. If not, I can just stick a huge title with all the parts at the beginning of the song.

I think the uncompressed formats like WAV and AIFF can do that, but with no compression, you can only get about seven songs on your player.

Koz