Sine wave with 90 degree offset HELP!

hello, I am trying to make a 60Hz stereo sine wave with one channel being a 90 degree offset,
i am having trouble finding where or how far to move the second track out of phase,
I found an old forum on this but the version of audacity was old and I’m not skilled enough in this program to figure out some of the things the guy was saying,
If anybody could post a simple breakdown on how to do this that would be great, { be gentle I’m real green at using audacity )
thanks again and apologies for my noobness,

If it doesn’t have to be surgically accurate, you can do it by hand and get really close.

Drop-down menus to the left of the track > Split Stereo Track To Mono.

Zoom until you get so you can see the individual cycles.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/zooming.html

Change the cursor to the Time Shift Tool (two sideways black arrows) and push one track so its peaks meet with the zero crossing of the other (Attach. Click on the pix). I intentionally drag-selected a small portion of the top track (darker gray) so I could accurately see the zero-crossing and where it corresponds to a peak of the bottom track. More zooming here may help.

Then the left-hand drop-down again > Make Stereo Track.

Export as needed. There will be la tiny gap in the tracks beginning and end as they don’t precisely match any more.

Koz
Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 22.56.44.png

If you need it accurate,

1. open a stereo track “Tracks > Add New > Stereo Track”.
  2. Make a selection where you want the sound to be, say the first 10 seconds of the track.
  3. Open the “Nyquist Prompt” effect.
  4. Copy and paste this code into the Nyquist Prompt text box.
(setq phaseL 0)
(setq phaseR 90)

(vector
  (osc (hz-to-step 60) 1 *sine-table* phaseL)
  (osc (hz-to-step 60) 1 *sine-table* phaseR))

As you can probably guess, the first two lines set the starting phase of the left channel to 0 degrees, and the right channel to 90 degrees.

Thanks so much guys ,