Fading Effect Problem!

Hey guys, Do you know Taio Cruz - Higher song? Where the part when he sing “The music’s got me going higher I feel like I can touch the skywwwwwwwwww”, What kind of effect is that at the "skywwwwwwwwwwwwwww"s part? It’s like fade out or something. How do you make that effect with audacity?
I’m using Audacity 2.0.5, But I don’t know what to do to make that effect. I can’t get any help from google because i don’t know what is this effect called. Please help.

Oddly, I do. I think this is in current rotation here. But. The only segment I actually have is the iTunes clip and I don’t think that phrase is in there.

“It’s taking me higher, higher.
Higher off the ground.”

Also, there’s two different versions. Him and Him with Travie McCoy. Do you know which version?

Post back with a sample clip of the phrase. Use good quality MP3 instead of WAV. We don’t need to rip apart each note as much as we need the theatrical feel of the music and MP3 will let you post more of it. Usually, you only get to post a couple of seconds. MP3 will let you extend that.

https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/how-to-post-an-audio-sample/29851/1

Koz

I think it’s from Him only version which is got that phrase.

Here is the sample clip.

OK. I got it. Yes, that’s not in the iTunes clip.

I’ve never used it, but there’s a tool that allows you to apply an effect and change it over time. I would pick Effect > Change Speed but I need to look up the rest of it.

Koz

You understand that the song has it only applied to the primary vocal and the rest of the music is untouched. It’s not going to sound the same if you try to apply it to everything.

As we go.

Koz

Here it is. Effect > Sliding Time Scale/Pitch Shift. Again, I’ve never used it, so now you know what I know.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/sliding_time_scale_pitch_shift.html

Koz

Oh it works! Thank you very much! So much help. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I would suggest the turntable warping plug-in , it is exactly made for this kind of effect.