WAV files

Hi

I have noticed over the last few days that quite a few of our users are reporting an error when they try to import a .WAV file that they have created in Audacity. I have tested this myself using both windows Movie maker and Corel video studio x9. When I try to import the .WAV file I get an error, please see attached screenshot.
As this is occurring more and more over the last few days I’m wondering if it’s been caused by a Windows Update.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Ensure that the files are being exported as 16-bit WAV files, and ensure that the files have “.wav” as the file extension.
Note that WAV files cannot be bigger than 4GB and some applications have a 2GB limit for WAV files.

If you require further help, please tell us exactly which version of Audacity you are using (Look in “Help > About Audacity”) and which version of Windows.

I did not see the pic but this is what my file looks like using a USB interface with Audacity. Does your file look like this?
Audacity-2.jpg

thank you this information was very helpful and has now solved the problem.

Why do those files have to be exported as 16-bit ones though?

16-bit PCM WAV is compatible with just about everything.
Many applications fail with 24-bit WAV, and even more fail with more obscure WAV formats.